Since its formation more than 60 years ago, the EU has played a major role in post-war reconciliation and reconstruction1. Ever-closer economic integration, supported by common institutions, has been the EU’s means to preventing conflicts among democratic European states.
Can the EU mobilise resources for peace in its neighbourhood?
Thorvaldur Gylfason, Per Magnus Wijkman, 4 November 2012
Dayton’s unfinished business
Thorvaldur Gylfason, Per Magnus Wijkman, 3 January 2011
Before the recent anniversary of the Dayton Peace Accords signed in Paris 14 December 1995, Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt expressed regret that Bosnia and Herzegovina had accomplished so little in the intervening 15 years.
Economic integration as a Balkan peace project
Thorvaldur Gylfason, Per Magnus Wijkman, 1 January 2011
In the summer of 1947, with the ink still drying on the documents of Nazi surrender, the minds of Western governments were sharply focused on reconstruction and reconciliation across Europe.
- Fiscal consolidation: At what speed?Blanchard, Leigh
- Public debt and economic growth, one more timePanizza, Presbitero
- Escaping liquidity traps: Lessons from the UK’s 1930s escapeCrafts
- The lessons of the North Atlantic crisis for economic theory and policyStiglitz
- Rethinking macroeconomic policyBlanchard
- A tale of two depressions: What do the new data tell us? February 2010 updateEichengreen, O’Rourke
- Educated in America: College graduates and high school dropoutsHeckman, LaFontaine
- Eurozone breakup would trigger the mother of all financial crisesEichengreen
- Debt, deleveraging, and the liquidity trap: A new modelKrugman
- Panic-driven austerity in the Eurozone and its implicationsDe Grauwe, Ji
Reichlin, Baldwin, 14 April 2013
Reichlin, Turner, Woodford
CEPR Policy Research
- The "Greatest" Carry Trade Ever? Understanding Eurozone Bank RisksAcharya, Steffen
- Political Credit Cycles: The Case of the Euro ZoneFernández-Villaverde, Garicano, Santos
- Winning by Losing: Incentive Incompatibility in Multiple QualifiersDagaev, Sonin
- Income and schoolingBrückner, Gradstein
- Monetary Policy and Rational Asset Price BubblesGalí