Lawrence J. White
New York University
Lawrence J. White is Arthur E. Imperatore Professor of Economics at New York University's Stern School of Business and Deputy Chair of the Economics Department at Stern. During 1986-1989 he was on leave to serve as Board Member, Federal Home Loan Bank Board, and during 1982-1983 he was on leave to serve as Director of the Economic Policy Office, Antitrust Division, U.S. Department of Justice. He is currently the General Editor of The Review of Industrial Organization and Secretary-Treasurer of the Western Economic Association International.
Prof. White received the B.A. from Harvard University (1964), the M.Sc. from the London School of Economics (1965), and the Ph.D. from Harvard University (1969).
Articles by Lawrence J. White:
A proposal to reform the US mortgage finance
12 May 2011, 6151 reads
A race to the bottom: Understanding the US housing boom
11 May 2011, 9214 reads
Economics, economists and competition policy: a tale of growing influence
22 August 2008, 11092 reads
- Distilling the macroeconomic news flowBeber, Brandt, Luisi
- Fiscal consolidation: At what speed?Blanchard, Leigh
- Public debt and economic growth, one more timePanizza, Presbitero
- Escaping liquidity traps: Lessons from the UK’s 1930s escapeCrafts
- The lessons of the North Atlantic crisis for economic theory and policyStiglitz