IZA, Institute for the Study of Labor, Bonn
Amanda Goodall’s research is on leadership and productivity, with a focus on knowledge-intensive organizations - such as research universities and hospitals. She has a book on the topic of university leadership, Socrates in the Boardroom: Why Research Universities Should be Led by Top Scholars (Princeton University Press). During the first half of 2008 Amanda was a Research Fellow at Cornell University, and she spent the latter part of the year as a Visiting Fellow at the University of Zurich. In 2009 she held a Leverhulme Fellowship at Warwick Business School, and she is currently Senior Research Associate at IZA Institute for the Study of Labour, based in Bonn, Germany. In November 2012 she will move to the Department of Management at Cass Business School in London.
Articles by Amanda Goodall:
Leaders need industry experience: Evidence from Formula One
23 September 2012, 7982 reads
Should physicians manage hospitals?
21 July 2011, 10822 reads
Why it matters who leads research universities
2 January 2010, 15993 reads
Giavazzi, Portes, Weder di Mauro, Wyplosz
- The case for 4% inflationBall
- The banking crisis as a giant carry trade gone wrongAcharya, Steffen
- Everything the IMF wanted to know about financial regulation and wasn’t afraid to askBair
- Rethinking macroeconomic policy: Getting granularBlanchard, Dell'Ariccia, Mauro
- Iceland’s post-Crisis economy: A myth or a miracle?Danielsson