Financial Globalization: Shifting Balances
1 - 2 July 2010, Banco de España, Madrid
CALL FOR PAPERS – Deadline: February 15th, 2010
The goal of the conference is to bring together academics and policy makers to discuss the
links between the recent crisis and financial globalization, broadly focusing on two main
i) the two-way relationship between global imbalances and the crisis;
ii) the impact of the crisis on the process of financial globalization.
Special consideration will be given to the analysis of policy responses and the challenges
faced by policy makers related to both issues, as well as the implications for emerging
markets and Latin America.
The topics of the conference include:
* Capital flows before, during and after crises
* Dynamics of savings, investment, and current accounts
* The future of financial globalization
* Financial development, international banking, and financial structure
* The role of exchange rates and interest rates
* International policy coordination and global financial architecture
- Banco de España: Enrique Alberola, Aitor Erce-Domínguez, Juan Ruiz. CREI: Fernando Broner. The World Bank: Augusto de la Torre, Tatiana Didier
- Banco de España, Madrid
- Open attendance
- The conference is sponsored by Banco de España and the World Bank, with the academic support of CREI.
- More information:
Disclaimer: Vox is not responsible for the accuracy of this information.
- Fiscal consolidation: At what speed?Blanchard, Leigh
- Public debt and economic growth, one more timePanizza, Presbitero
- Escaping liquidity traps: Lessons from the UK’s 1930s escapeCrafts
- The lessons of the North Atlantic crisis for economic theory and policyStiglitz
- Do entrepreneurs matter?Becker, Hvide
- A tale of two depressions: What do the new data tell us? February 2010 updateEichengreen, O’Rourke
- Educated in America: College graduates and high school dropoutsHeckman, LaFontaine
- Eurozone breakup would trigger the mother of all financial crisesEichengreen
- Debt, deleveraging, and the liquidity trap: A new modelKrugman
- Panic-driven auste