Austerity: Too Much of a Good Thing?
Giancarlo Corsetti, 23 June 2012
edited by Giancarlo Corsetti
Published 14 June 2012
Download the PDF of the eBook here.
See Table of Contents here.
The austerity question: 'How?' is as important as 'how much?'
Alberto Alesina and Francesco Giavazzi
A time to spend: New insights into the multiplier effect
The coming revolt against austerity
The austerity debate: Make haste slowly
Fiscal austerity and policy credibility
Marco Buti and Lucio R Pench
Fiscal consolidation: Too much of a good thing?
John Van Reenen
Too early to sound the alarm
Manfred J M Neumann
The impossible hope of an end to austerity
Weekend elections: Democracy and the fiscal compact
Is high public debt harmful for economic growth? New evidence
Ugo Panizza and Andrea F Presbitero
Has austerity gone too far?
- The case for 4% inflationBall
- Helicopter money as a policy optionReichlin, Turner, Woodford
- The banking crisis as a giant carry trade gone wrongAcharya, Steffen
- Everything the IMF wanted to know about financial regulation and wasn’t afraid to askBair
- Rethinking macroeconomic policy: Getting granularBlanchard, Dell'Ariccia, Mauro
- A tale of two depressions: What do the new data tell us? February 2010 updateEichengreen, O’Rourke
- Educated in America: College graduates and high school dropoutsHeckman, LaFontaine
- Eurozone breakup would trigger the mother of all financial crisesEichengreen
- Panic-driven austerity in the Eurozone and its implicationsDe Grauwe, Ji
- Debt, deleveraging, and the liquidity trap: A new modelKrugman
Baldwin, Kawai, Wignaraja, 11 June 2013
Giavazzi, Portes, Weder di Mauro, Wyplosz
CEPR Policy Research
- The "Greatest" Carry Trade Ever? Understanding Eurozone Bank RisksAcharya, Steffen
- Political Credit Cycles: The Case of the Euro ZoneFernández-Villaverde, Garicano, Santos
- Winning by Losing: Incentive Incompatibility in Multiple QualifiersDagaev, Sonin
- Income and schoolingBrückner, Gradstein
- Monetary Policy and Rational Asset Price BubblesGalí
- How the EZ crisis is permanently changing EU institutionsMicossi
- WTO 2.0: Global governance of supply-chain tradeBaldwin
- Is US economic growth over? Faltering innovation confronts the six headwindsGordon
- The economic crisis: How to stimulate economies without increasing public debtWood
- Austerity: Too Much of a Good Thing?Corsetti
- Understanding banks in emerging markets5 - 6 September 2013 / EBRD, London / European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and Tilburg University